How to Setup D-Link DGL-4500 Extreme-N Selectable Dual-Band Gaming Router ? – The DGL-4500 includes a Quick Router Setup Wizard CD. Insert the CD to run the Setup Wizard to guide you quickly through the installation process. If you would like to manually connect and configure your router, follow the steps below:-
- Please configure the router with the computer that was last connected directly to your modem.
- If you were using the USB connection before using the router, then you must turn off your modem, disconnect the USB cable and connect an Ethernet cable to the Internet port on the router, and then turn the modem back on. In some cases, you may need to call your ISP to change connection types (USB to Ethernet).
- If you have DSL and are connecting via PPPoE, make sure you disable or uninstall any PPPoE software such as Win Poet, Broad jump, or Internet 300 from your computer or you will not be able to connect to the Internet.
Hardware Installation D-Link DGL-4500 Extreme-N Selectable Dual-Band Gaming Router
- Unplug the power from your broadband modem and shut down your computer.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable connected from your computer to your broadband modem. Leave the end connected to your broadband modem attached.
- Connect the end of the Ethernet cable removed from 3 your computer to the WAN port on the router.
- Connect the provided Ethernet cable from a numbered 4 port on the router to your computer.
- Plug the power back into your broadband modem and wait for the broadband modem to Synchronize to the network (refer to the Modem manual for information on this).
- Plug the power adapter (provided with the router) into the router, then connect the other end to a power outlet and verify that the POWER LED on the router is on. Note: If the Power LED is not lit, verify that the power adapter is properly connected to the D-Link® Gaming Router and to a working power outlet.
- Power on your computer.
- Launch your web browser and type in a web address such as http://games.dlink.com to verify that you have an Internet connection.
- If a web address is not accessible, enter http://192.168.0.1 in your web browser address bar. Once the main screen appears, Press the button labeled Internet Connection Setup Wizard and Proceed through the wizard.
- Connect the antennas to the dlinkrouter.local. The large open end of the antenna screws onto the threaded post on the router.