How Do I Setup Dlinkrouter.local Setup Wizard? Installing The D-link Router:
- Unplug the Power to your Cable/DSL Modem by taking out the power adapter from the power source.
- Connect your D-link router to the modem by making use of the Ethernet cable that should be attached at the yellow WAN or internet ports of both the devices at each end.
- Also, Establish the connection between the computer and the D-link router with an Ethernet cable attached at any of the 4 LAN ports of the D-link router.
- The computer could be connected to the D-link router over a wireless connection as well using the default wifi settings, but it is advisable to perform dlinkrouter.local setup over wired Ethernet cable connection.
- Plug the D-link router’s power adapter to power.
- Also, plug back the power adapter of Cable/DSL Modem being used to the power outlet.
- Turn on the modem as well as computer.
- Make sure the power LEDs light on receiving the power.
- Turn on the computer to use it for Dlink login as well as Dlink router setup using dlinkrouter.local setup wizard.
D-link router setup via dlinkrouter.local setup wizard:
- Launch a preferred D-link supporting web browser on your connected computer.
- To dlink login, input the dlink router login default domain address dlinkrouter.local in the address bar.
- Else, use http://192.168.0.1 IP address as the default IP gateway for login from the address bar.
- On first time dlinkrouter.local or IP login into the D-link router, the users get directed to the Setup Wizard screen.
- If you wish to skip dlinkrouter.local setup wizard setup; select the Manual Configuration option.
- Otherwise, Dlinkrouter.local setup wizard guides through automatically launching the setup process as detailed below.
- Select your preferred Language of choice to begin D-link router setup.
- Hit the Start option
- Setup wizard guides through auto-launching configuration of your D-link router’s internet connection settings.
- Select the wireless Internet Connection type on your D-link router, which should either be Dynamic or PPPoE.
- When prompted, assign the D-link router Wifi network security by creating a Wireless Network Name SSID with security key.
- Also, enable wireless network encryption security with WPA/WPA encryption settings.
- Set dlinkrouter.local login password for safe access to the D-link router’s web GUI.
- The D-link router setup wizard applies the new configured wireless settings by rebooting automatically.
- Once dlink router setup configuration is completed, the login screen appears.
- Enter the D-link router login credentials in Login Screen
- Key in the dlink login username: admin that is pre-set by default.
- Also, key in the dlink login password you assigned above for D-link router login to web GUI.
- A setup confirmation screen would display the wireless network settings.
- Dlinkrouter.local setup wizard completed the d-link router setup.
How do I set up my DLink router for the first time?
Navigate to dlinkrouter.local web address on a launched web browser which directs you to the setup wizard screen; the setup wizard automatically sets up the dlink router for you.
How do I set up my Dlink router without a computer?
Instead of connecting the computer, you could use a smartphone or laptop by connecting them to the D-link router’s wifi using its default wireless settings to access the Dlinkrouter.local setup wizard via dlink login.
What to do if the D-link router’s setup wizard can’t find the D-link router?
- Ensure that the computer used for dlinkrouter.local setup wizard access and the D-link router must be on the same wifi network and subnet.
- It is recommended to use a wired Ethernet cable connection to perform D-link router setup.
- Turn off the antivirus or the firewall protection during the dlinkrouter.local setup wizard setup.
Why is my D-Link router not getting connected to the Internet?
Check if the WAN/Internet connected/ disconnected status shows working internet connection, otherwise, Power Off the Modem for about 20 seconds and then again power it on. On Waiting for up to 2 minutes, check and check the Network Status again. It should show the connected status and your D-link router should be connected to the internet.
How to set up my D-Link router after reset?
After resetting the D-link router back to its factory default settings, the D-link router has to be set up all over again to allow wireless network settings configuration. For this you must login using dlinkrouter.local to access the setup wizard which auto-launches the setup process and completes it.