D-link router can be secured by changing the wireless network password from default settings. When you change the wireless network settings including the wireless network name SSID or wireless network password, it secures the Wi-Fi connectivity of the D-link router’s network to other devices.
You must secure your D-link router wireless settings by configuring the settings through dlinkrouter.local. D-link router login. The login takes you to the D-link router wireless settings access page.
- Open a web browser on your computer which must be connected to D-link router by wired connection (using Ethernet network cable) or wirelessly (using wifi settings).
- Navigate to D-link router login web address local into the address bar.
- The D-link router web login address directs to the D-Link router’s login page.
- If dlinkrouter.local is inaccessible or gives any error to dlink router login, try using d-link router’s default login IP address 192.168.0.1 to log into its home page.
- D-link router login screen shows with empty D-link router login details for D-link router login
- Enter ‘admin’ as the default D-link router login – in both username and password field for login via dlinkrouter.local.
- D-Link router web GUI appears to configure the router settings.
- Click on the D-link router’s Setup tab on web GUI screen.
- Open the Wireless Settings on D-link router web GUI page.
- You will see displayed D-link router default wireless settings with Wireless network name and wireless network password.
- Click on the “Wireless Security Mode”.
- Recreate a new wireless network password for your D-link router wireless network connection.
- Delete the old password.
- Confirm the new wireless network password you assigned above.
- Click on the Save Settings option.
The D-link router’s wireless network password will now configured to secure and personalized wireless password. You will have to reconnect all the wireless devices using the new wireless settings. In case you forgot your D-link router login password if you had changed it from its default settings earlier with dlinkrouter.local login, you must reset the router. The D-link router can be reset using factory reset button or through dlinkrouter.local login from web GUI.
- Locate the Reset button on the D-link router you have to reset.
- Press and hold the reset button with any sharp object for about 7-10 seconds.
- The power LED light status on the D-link router will start to blink.
- Release the reset button as the light blinks.
- The D-link router will then reboot automatically and start all over again with default settings.
- The WAN status LED light stops flashing indicating the D-link resetting has been completed.
As the D-link router will now be restored back to its factory default settings, you must set up the router using the D-link router setup wizard and reconfigure your router. You will need to login to the route’s web graphical user interface using the default D-link router login information as router has now been set to its default settings.